Kilmore Quay

Kitten

Sorry folks, I know I'm being a pain but we are just trying to get opinions on different areas in Wexford in relation to a holiday house.

Any opinions on Kilmore Quay / Kilmore Village.

Thank you.
Kitten

Hi i know a bit about kilmore it is a beautiful scenic place but its very very quiet great if your into fishing because thats really all there is there. its a bit off the beaten track so it could get a bit lonley

Hi Kitten

I am originally from the general area of Kilmore.

Kilmore Quay is a small working fishing village about 12 miles from Wexford Town. Apart from fishing trips, which DEBBIEC mentions, there are also daily trips to Saltee Islands during the summer, diving year round, horse riding, beautiful walks and other activities associated with rural living. There is an annual Seafood Festival each July, which has many organised activities for both adults and children. There is a selection of excellent pubs in the village of Kilmore Quay, which serve food and provide music; there is also a hotel in the village. In summer, the place is a hive of activity, but admittedly in winter it can be a bit bleak.

The Kilmore area is within easy reach of many places in the South East of Ireland (Rosslare Harbour, Waterford, Duncannon, Hook Head, etc), and a good holiday base in my (perhaps biased!) opinion.

Perhaps a long weekend away to the area would make up you mind?

Wollran

Thanks a million Wollran, it really is what I wanted to hear! We are going down this weekend for a look around and spending 2 nights in Kilmore Quay next weekend. I've posted the same question on another thread and the feedback I'm getting is all positive. We are looking for somewhere that is relatively off the beaten track but still has a buzz and things to do. We don't really want to buy in the really busy summer spots where you'll potentially meet your neighbour (we have nice neighbours and all but I think you know what I mean!). We have 3 small boys so the boating trips etc sound great. As for the restaurants we are both foodies so all good. I'm just happy to exit stage left out of Dublin as many weekends as I can even if it's the middle of winter -nothing like a walk on the beach and a roaring fire in the local pub to warm the heart.

Thanks again.
Kitten