kilmeague co kildare

asdfg

hi just wondering what kilmeague is like?are there any shops pubs etc.whats [pluckerstown]. i think its called like.

I was originally brought up in that locality (Ballyteague). I dont live there anymore (rather in naas), but I guess it would be your typical rural location (perhaps current residents can be more informative of whats happening now). Pluckerstown is a townsland between Kilmeague and say Rathangan, taking the Allen Hill road.

Kilmeague is a small village, with a min-supermarket, butchers, pub, bookies, hairdresser, church etc. Like any village in these times its been built up with the most recent development having difficulties selling from what I can see.

I guess its best to take a spin out and have a browser around. (Assuming you are coming from dublin!!) So use the M7, exit at junction 10 (Mondello), turn right at the top of the slip and just head straight for about 7miles or so. You will hit a T junction. Turn right and head straight which brings you to Kilmeague. Or as you turn right take the immediate left. This brings you to pluckerstown (once over the side of the hill). You'll know if you have passed the townsland if you hit another T junction. At this junction you can turn left for miltown/newbridge or right for Rathangan.

Cheer
S.

Last edited:
thank you for taking the time to respond in such detail ,very much appreciated

Pluckerstown now is quite a nice rural location. For the past several years there has been heavy traffic, particularly quarry trucks on the road and commuters speeding on way from Rathangan/Edenderry and further afield. Also far too much housing development took place, some of it quite ugly. These issues should be resolved for now and it can get back to being rural. It's a handy location being 5 miles from both Kildare town and Rathangan, 7 miles from Newbridge and 9 from Naas. Both the N7 and N4 can be accessed easily enough. The local schools are very good and still relatively small. There are nice walks along the canal, good restaurant/bar in Milltown and Kilmeague has both a great local post office and friendly small health centre. Any other questions, do ask