Killing Joke 13/10 - the Button Factory, Dublin

Caveat

YEEESSSSS!!

For only the third time in 30 years the legendary, seminal and hugely influential post-punk/industrial innovators are playing here.

Getting on a bit now but back with the ORIGINAL line up.

I have my ticket - can't wait.

Arghrrr.

Only heard about gig on listening to Paul McLoone earler today but didn't catch the date - was hoping near Dec.

So can't do this on the funds issue with Swans, double NMA coming up - even though got tix already still needs booze money especialy as having visiting family and friends also over in Oct. :mad:

Their gig last time round was brill. I knew his cousin JC a long time ago!:p

Looks like I'll have to drive up and down from Cork for it - but I think I'll just have to do that. Don't think I can miss them, particularly in such an intimate venue.

the legendary, seminal and hugely influential post-punk/industrial innovators

They make nice sounds then?

p.s. looked up the word seminal in my trusty dictionary (one mustn't be content with being as thick as two short planks) and its either:

A) strongly influencing later developments or
B) of semen

So I'll hazard a guess that they have no connection with the A.I. industry, which leads me to ponder who or what later developments they infleunced? (please reference bands that mere mortals might have heard on the wireless).

:D Check out the wikipedia entry for the band Betsy - loads of bands referenced.

I guess the well known ones would be Nirvana (who KJ attempted to sue for plagiarism, which they dropped on the death of Cobain) Metallica (who also covered them) and Nine Inch Nails.

Check out the sub-link to singer Jaz Coleman too - a very interesting and charismatic character.

Amazing band - basically they were making sounds like no-one else back in the day. When the charts were bouncing to the likes of Howard Jones and The Thompson Twins, this kind of stuff was simmering away in the background:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtZxewxXoPc

Back