Killarney week-end deals

JEON50

Can anybody recommend a central hotel, in Killarney, quite, clean for weekend in November or early December. 2nights B&B, I am on disability, and have not been away in 3 years, so am on a budget. Close to the train station would be good

The budget hotels are a short distance outside the town - the Holiday Inn and the Travel Inn. You would need to get a taxi to and from but the hotels would arrange this.

There are plenty of hotels in the centre of town (very close to the train station) - the Killarney Towers, the Plaza, the International and the Killarney Avenue. Most of the hotels given the current climate have special offers for weekend breaks. The best thing to do is to phone them. Reception can let you know if it will be the best option for you.

Enjoy your trip :)

With a limited budget, you might do well to look for a hotel on the www.lidl.ie site. We've used it a couple of times and got great deals - last one was 3 nights B&B in 4* Carlton Hotel in Tralee for €180 (for two people). We didn't want a package with dinner as I'm a vegetarian and usually end up being offered pasta which I hate - these towns have lots of small restaurants and chippers which will provide good choice at a good price. At the Carlton in Tralee, which is within walking distance of everything, we also got a free morning newspaper and access to the Aqua Dome which is just up the road. Well worth it!

Back