Killakee/woodlawn/dodder avenue in Firhouse D24

kev53

Can anyone advise on the the estates Killakee/woodlawn/dodder avenue in Firhouse D24. What are they like, is it safe?? pros, cons. Looking to possibly buy there.

I grew up not too far from there and it is a very nice area. Not too far from the square and m50, but if your planning on using public transport for get it. I read somewhere recently that the residents of that general area were giving out about the buses, they come when they feel like it.

hth

Thanks guys, the shopping centre looks a bit run down. Any plane for development there?? More concerned about being in a nice neighbourhood that public transport. Is there much unsocial behaviour etc?? Advice much appreciated.

Brother bought in Killakee Court and loves it - drives everywhere though so not sure about public transport. As far as I know, there were a few incidences of anti-social behaviour a few years ago (nothing too awful) but area is much quieter now.

Live in the Killakee area 11 years, minimal anti-social behavior almost none, very rare and the usual you would expect from teens in any area, shopping centre has been done up, very nice area to live in and public transport has improved including a new bus route, if you have children, the area is full of things for them to do, theres various activities in the community centre including scouts and dance groups, there is also plenty of schools, creches and childminders in the area

Back