Kill, Co. Kildare

MandaC

Has anyone any thoughts on Kill, Co. Kildare. I looked at a development Newtown Hall by Cavan Developments there today.

It looked like a nice little village, but there were signs up everywhere telling people the school is full!!

I was looking at a 3 bed end terrace costing €425K, anyone know if this is expenisve for the area? I dont know what traffic is like either, I work near Peamount Hospital, so suppose would not have to travel that far.

hi there, i've just bought in kill. think price wise newtown manor is pretty much average really. nice estate i think. kill village itself seems lovely. only here 3 wks myself. everyone i've spoke to about place have ever only had good things to say about area. very commutable. the N7 may seem like a nightmare but actually it moves along quite fast throughout the day. i work in tallaght hosp & it takes me max 30 mins in the a/m. however not sure how long it'd take to peamount hosp.

It sounds expensive to me. Just purchased a 3 bed semi in Athy, co Kildare for €270k!

Kill is quite expensive but that is because it is closer to Dublin - Athy is a good 30 min from Kill.
Would not take long to commute to Peamount - 30/40minutes max
N7 upgrade will be finished July/August so will be a lot better then

Regarding the school this is a problem at the moment - I think that there were 17 kids on the waiting list this year & it can only get worse as more houses built in the area. However there are plans to build a new school..................

good luck

It should take you about twenty minutes to get to peaumont from kill. I go that way to Liffey Valley, you turn off for newcastle and nip across that way.

if schools worry you remember that Kill is a feeder school to Rathcoole secondary (mixed) and not Naas schools as I would have assumed until being reliably informed.