Kilkenny to Dublin

G

Glittergal

Hi guys I am moving back down to Kilkenny however I love my job in Sandyford at the moment only prob is I cant seem to find any public transport to have me in Dub for around 8am in the morning. The later buses and trains are not an option as they dont get up until near 9 and I have to be in Sandyford for 9. Working from home or coming in late is not an option as I am in the office mostly on my own from 9-5 so am stuck. I dont drive and dont know anyone who does this trip. There is a train in Carlow that would have me up but again cant find transport from KK to carlow.

Any ideas anyone, I'm moving back this week as messy split with fiance.

Hi Glittergal,

Have you looked into the Kavanagh's bus that leaves KK at 6/6.30. It leaves from the Parade and goes up through Castlecomer, stopping all the way until Athy and then is straight up!

Would have you in Dublin in time to get to Sandyford for 9 and there's a return at about 6 so, that might work out for you! You'd be amazed how many people do it every day!

Good luck with it!

Hi Thanks yeah I checked Kavanaghs they dont arrive in Dublin until 8:50 so there is no way I would be in Sandyford for 9am

its a tough one.

KK to Dublin is one thing. KK - Dublin - Sandyford is quite another.

All I can think is that the previous posters idea (getting off at Newlands cross), and try get a bus across town, effectively cutting out the needless trip into the city center, and out again.

And thats just the trip up. Leaving Sandyford at 5pm, you would probably have to get a bus back to Newlands cross to the InterCity stop there.
Go to the Dublin Bus website, and see if there are maps of the bus routes. They are shown on OSI street maps, so I guess they are on-line.

Could renting in dublin be an option?

I agree with paddyd, it seems like an awful lot of strain. Are there any other options. Without a car, you are really putting huge stress on yourself twice daily, and an enormous commute.

You will be so tired and stressed, you will be literally working, sleeping and nothing inbetween.

Coudl you get a job in Kilkenny, surely even if it were alot less money you would make savings from all you would be spending on public trasport. Or else maybe rent in Dublin for the short term, and apply for jobs at home.

I think it would be no harm to look at all your options and think about the bigger picture.

Is there anyone in Dublin you could stay with (friends?) in the short term until you sort yourself out?
best of luck with it all, sounds like you've some hard decisions to make.

Hi guys I am moving back down to Kilkenny however I love my job in Sandyford at the moment only prob is I cant seem to find any public transport to have me in Dub for around 8am in the morning. The later buses and trains are not an option as they dont get up until near 9 and I have to be in Sandyford for 9. Working from home or coming in late is not an option as I am in the office mostly on my own from 9-5 so am stuck. I dont drive and dont know anyone who does this trip. There is a train in Carlow that would have me up but again cant find transport from KK to carlow.

Any ideas anyone, I'm moving back this week as messy split with fiance.

Is it just me or is this mad? How could anybody make that journey either by car or public transport? Does anybody take the location of their employment into consideration when deciding where to live? Sorry for the rant and it's not an attack on the OP but I hear stories of people doing this type of commute and I think they are stark raving mad. OK the property might be cheaper but what kind of quality of like can anybody expect to have commuting 4 hours plus each day?

Back