Kilkenny - Stag

InfoSeeker

I am best man for a wedding next month and am having the stag in Kilkenny in a few weeks (ya I know, not very original!!).

Plan is that a few of us will play golf in Mt Juliet on Friday @4-4:30pm and then hit Kilkenny afterwards, main night being the Saturday.

Does anyone know of somewhere where we could get pub food at 9:30pm?

I know a few places but not sure if you could get food on a Fri at that time, eg Langtons, Paris Texas, etc so really am looking for answers from those how have recently being in KK or who live there...

Also if u have been on a stag to KK recently then can you suggest some places to hit, groom to be will be suitably attired for most low life haunts:)

I am best man for a wedding next month and am having the stag in Kilkenny in a few weeks (ya I know, not very original!!).

Plan is that a few of us will play golf in Mt Juliet on Friday @4-4:30pm and then hit Kilkenny afterwards, main night being the Saturday.

Does anyone know of somewhere where we could get pub food at 9:30pm?

I know a few places but not sure if you could get food on a Fri at that time, eg Langtons, Paris Texas, etc so really am looking for answers from those how have recently being in KK or who live there...

Also if u have been on a stag to KK recently then can you suggest some places to hit, groom to be will be suitably attired for most low life haunts:)

A word of warning...Kilkenny is a pretty woeful place to go on the lash at the moment. Everywhere, nightclubs included, closes at 1am sharp due to a clampdown by the guards and the courts.
Nice choice with Mount Juliet though...great track.

i think the main pubs that do food usually stop at 9, maybe if you tried the river court hotel near the bridge but booked in as a golf society for the meal

That is not good re the clampdown, I suppose the way to get around this is to go to a night club as these would be open till 2am and then onto the residents bar in the hotel:)

That is not good re the clampdown, I suppose the way to get around this is to go to a night club as these would be open till 2am and then onto the residents bar in the hotel:)

Guess when I said everywhere, nightclubs included, closes at 1am I wasn't being clear enough...
The residents bar is your only hope

Was there for a stag in middle of July and there was no hassle with early closing, most nights saw us all sneaking back round 3/4 am. Regarding food I'd say 9.30 might be pushing it cause of the crowds. Helpful tip is to have the crack with the bouncers and late drinks are all the more possible!. Friday night for us was Morrissons and Lannigans and sat night was Lanctons, all great buzz no trouble and usual closing 2/2.30, ( but that is a little hazy!)

Apologies KalEl, only scanned your response, that is a result of working in a software firm where one gets too many emails:)

Thanks for your response.

Seems like a dramatic change that nightclubs would close at 1am especially places like Langtons.

Apologies KalEl, only scanned your response, that is a result of working in a software firm where one gets too many emails:)

Seems like a dramatic change that nightclubs would close at 1am especially places like Langtons.

Early closing is as a result of a rise in late night row's on the streets, and a rise in the number of stags/hens again (was calm for a few years). Not sure if both are related, but they sure are not too far apart.

Last Saturday afternoon, I counted exactly 5 hen partys on a drive through High St! On about 1/2 mile of steet. How many were indoors??

In addition, the tourist board in conjunction with every guesthouse, BnB and hotel in the city/county are only accepting 2 night stays for groupd at weekends, to prevent stags/hens floating in for 1 night only.

It is...I've heard from some people I know in Kilkenny that basically the son of a high ranking local guard was battered by some guys from Dublin on a stag and all of this early closing stuff is the result.
Apparently it's here to stay until Christmas...

Plan is that a few of us will play golf in Mt Juliet on Friday @4-4:30pm and

Mt Juliet can be very busy at the weekends - you want to book it in advance. Personally I think 4 to 4.30 is too late in the day to consider a 4 plus hour round of golf at the end of August - light was fading fast here last night at about 8.45pm ( I live about 40 mins drive from Mt Juliet.)

Back