Kilkenny Hotels

Newshound

Looking for a hotel in Kilkenny midweek- one night

Any ideas or recommendations? Also any comments re. Days Hotel Kilkenny?>

Not sure where that Days Hotel is located. Is it in the city?

Besides that some lovely new hotels in Kilkenny you could stay in but rates are a bit pricey- even midweek.

The [broken link removed] is off the ring-road outside town in the same retail park as Woodies and DID. So it's a bit out of the way.

Hotels in town include The Club House, The Ormonde, [broken link removed], [broken link removed], The Hibernian, & Zuni.

[broken link removed] is a little further out, but closer than Days. Newpark (Best Western) & Springhill Court are also outside the centre.
Leo

Thanks for hotels

Only problem is that all those hotels are quoting more than 120 euro B&B

Days is only 59 euro B&B for 2

We would like something a bit more upmarket though

You could chance arriving on spec and asking them for the best price available for the night. Its unlikely any of the above mentioned will be full mid-week this time of year and may be able to give you a better rate. I do this every chance I get and get some great savings. PS Its better to call in person rather than ring them. Saved €30 on this tactic alone recently in Cork.

Thanks for tip- but would prefer to be relaxed when we arrived in the knowledge that we had a bed for the night!
So would like to book today or tomorrow if possible

Have you tried using a website like goireland.com or something similar? These sites have discount rates on most hotels.

Yes used all the main discount sites and the rates were all c. 120 euro with the discount!

I think Hotel Kilkenny do mid week deals - I've booked a Sunday&Monday night special there, €99 pps for 2 nights, B&B and 1 dinner.

The Clubhouse Hotel in the city centre have a sign on their railing about a walk-in rate - can't remember how much it was though but I do remember thinking that it was very reasonable and they are very central. They don't have a leisure centre which some of the more modern ones do have to offer, so I suppose that could also be why they seemed much more reasonable.

We have checked the Clubhouse Hotel previously while in Kilkenny and still feel that despite its location the new Days Hotel would be more attractive.

[broken link removed]

Unless anyone can suggest a better alternative?

Many thanks

The Days Hotel is really out of the way if you want to walk down town. If you're just arriving by car and sleeping there, it's probably ok. It's really an industrial estate type area.
I would second the ones Leo mentioned. What about a B&B?
I find the reviews on to be generally pretty good.

The Days hotel is on the ringroad outside the city. It would be a 20-30 minute walk into the city centre and not a particularly safe (busy road) or pleasant walk. Taxis would be quite cheap though. The hotel is in quite an industrial estate area - the nearest restaurant is a drive-in KFC!
The Clubhouse isn't a particularly nice hotel - it's quite old-fashioned and dull inside. Try searching for guesthouses rather than hotels.