Kilcloone, Maynooth

R

Red76

Hi,

I am currently looking at property in the Kilcloone area. Can anyone give me more information on the area regarding schools, development plans for the area etc. Is there anything I should know about!!!

There is a primary school in Kilcloon which is very well regarded, lots of people from Maynooth sent their children there until they restricted it to Parish only. The schools in Maynooth are also available to people in kilcloon, boys primary, girls primary, gaelscoil, educate together opening in september. The secondary school in maynooth has a good reputation, some children from kilcloon send their children to the Dunboyne post primary. The pub at the crossroad is not great, there is a quaint shop and post office about a mile from the church, very good community spirit but you will spend a lot of time in your car, the roads are busy and dangerous to walk on.

Thanks for the reply ramble.

What about planned development for the area? Are there plans for any high density housing? Are you aware of any nasty surprises such as halting sites or waste centres etc.?

As far as I know there are no plans for development, it is a rural area and subject to local needs planning. There is a waste treatment plant planned for the area behind the church, that road has been dug up recently for pipelaying but I am not aware of anything else. You could look at the development plan in a county meath library of co co offices in NAvan.

Back