Kids raised, DB retirement but single income

No words..
I don't know if you are familiar with the work of a school principal (and I don't mean in the way you're familiar with school because you went to one). Mrs. Cricketer has retired as principal of a large secondary school in the midlands where she managed nearly a thousand pupils and seventy staff, many of them ASTI members. There are no words for that either, but not in the way you meant. It was all-consuming and she earned every cent.

Last edited:
I don’t need to be ‘familiar’ as in having done the job myself to know that everyone has to work hard in whatever job they do however they often don’t have up to six months holiday, little accountability, a heavily taxpayer subsidised DB pension or are virtually unsackable.

No teachers were put on the EWSS or PUP in 2020 despite being effectively unemployed apart from ad hoc minimal lesson setting and remained on full pay.

PS salary levels are preposterously high and need to be corrected to rates similar to the UK and the pension scheme changed to DC, at the least.

This is going off topic so this is my final word on the subject: you need to educate yourself. In every sense of the word.
I'd prefer to believe what you're saying is true rather than knowing the facts.

A principal has no power, they cannot discipline or sanction staff and are merely an overpaid figurehead

Back