Kids losing/forgetting keys

Murt10

The world is certainly changing. A fingerprint front door lock. Think of the number of times you have to answer the door because the kids want to come in and out. I thought these things were so advanced and expensive that they were only installed in the type of high security places which you would see in films.

I'm sure that they have many other uses as well, in appartment blocks with a common door etc. You wouldn't have one tenant giving keys to all their friends. Also when they left, their prints could be erased so they couldn't get back in easily.

Murt

Very interesting. Looks a bit chunky but not too bad. €200 is very reasonable too. I wonder if it conforms to European security standards etc?

"<0.0001 false identification rate"
Wonder what this means exactly. With biometric systems you usually have the risk of false accepts & false rejects. The parameters can sometimes be tweeked to decrease one, at the cost of increasing the other.

I assume you could just code all 10 finger/thumb prints for everyone in the house (or 15 of 'em anyway) and that basically completely removes the possibility of a lockout.

Back