Kia Pro-ceed

Brave Inca

Hi

I'm presently looking at trading my Peugeot 307 for a new Kia Pro-ceed? Like the look of the Pro-ceed but haven't heard much about them. Any comments or experience feedback would be much appreciated.

Rgds
Brave Inca

I think most people are happy with theirs. Reports are good. I'd have grave concerns as to their future value however.

Hi

I'm presently looking at trading my Peugeot 307 for a new Kia Pro-ceed? Like the look of the Pro-ceed but haven't heard much about them. Any comments or experience feedback would be much appreciated.

Rgds
Brave Inca

Bought one a few months ago and love it. Honestly haven't found anything yet that I dislike about the car. Do a search and you'll find some posts.

I wouldn't be too bothered about some people worrying about their resale. :rolleyes: It's a brand new car with a seven year warranty so selling it is the last thing on my mind. Most cars have crap resale value now anyway.

Last edited:
I would also think that Kia would give you a good trade in on your Peugeot. I got rid of my Peugeot 307 in February. It was September 2004 and there was only 16,000mls on the clock and it had air con, proper alloy wheels, etc. I only got €8.5 against a Toyota, so Peugeot trade ins are not great either.

I have to say the Proceed is a very nice looking car.

Agree with MandaC you'll get a good trade in, but in a few years when you go to trade you might get offered a but less than you thought you'd get for it.That said it's a great looking car and hear the diesel 1.6 gets 60 to the gallon...

Sorry folks but there's no way to know now likely future retained values.

It's a new model from a company with a history of below par used values. I've no doubt Kia have upped the ante in terms of quality btw. They badly needed to.

Sorry folks but there's no way to know now likely future retained values.

It's a new model from a company with a history of below par used values. I've no doubt Kia have upped the ante in terms of quality btw. They badly needed to.

The reality of the situationis that Kia are flying it this year with the Ceed and Pro Ceed.

A 7 year warranty answeres any reliability concerns.

I certainly helps, although I'm pretty sure there have been no real reliability issues anyway. Whatever people think of Kia (and/or Hyundai for that matter) their cars have been reliable.

I think that we will be seeing a lot of Kia Ceed's on the road full stop.

Can anyone name new cars that they have not seen on the road so far in 2008?

The reality of the situationis that Kia are flying it this year with the Ceed and Pro Ceed.

1/. 2.38% market share up to the end of July (SIMI figures). Includes all models. May represent a quantum leap for them. Hardly market dominant though.

2/. 7 year warranty is impressive without doubt.

Neither of these has any great bearing on future values however. It remains to be seen how these will pan out.

Having bought a Kia Rio (with a 3 yr unlimited mileage warranty) from new I won't touch them again.

1 Wheel Bearing replaced during warranty period
1 year outside warranty period 3 wheel bearings replaced after breakdown
(Got the 4th wheel bearing replaced 2 months later as I didn't want to suffer same fate again)
3 months later the latest wheel bearing fitted failed and had to be replaced.

Got it repaired at independent garage who said other wheel bearings were loose and needed tightening. Last wheelbearing failed without any warning noises. It just literally collapsed.

Couldn't see car privately, no offers, no calls. Total mileage at trade in november last year was 47K. Car was purchased in Jan 03.

I fortunately managed to trade it in.

I will say that apart from the battery replaced under warranty, and the wheelbearing issue, I never had any other problems with the car.

I have never had any wheel bearing issues etc with nay other car I've had and lots of them had more mileage.

I will however not touch another Kia ever as there was no compensation from Kia (not even the cost of the parts).

As Korean cars go, I think the one to watch and to enhance marque reputation will be the Hyundai i30.

I think Hyundai started it's progression ahead of Kia a few years ago.

Some models have a good rep. and reasonable residuals - the Coupe and the Santa Fe. The others struggle. Accent, Sonata, Elantra, Trajet etc. are pretty poor cars by modern standards. Not sure even about safety in some of those.

You can try these links for a proper road test.

The first link is to the Pro Ceed

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

And a Diesel option

[broken link removed]

Residual values

Who knows what they will be?

I mean look at the mess on the forecourts due to the July VRT changes.

It's hard to know the real value of a used car full stop.

I always go to the UK websites to get the real value.

I agree UK figures are likely to be accurate.

Auto Express's comment below is telling however....
RESIDUALS

The Cee’d has been on sale for six months now, so it’s no big shock that its retained values have dropped a little. Our range-topping diesel model holds on to 35.5 per cent of its sticker price, so it’s the worst performer here

I thought we were discussing likely residual values? :confused:

Hi

Rgds
Brave Inca

No, I believe you were discussing likely residual values!:confused:

For the record, a friend of mine is trying to sell a 07 Hinda Civic. The offers are unbelievable. I think we can agree that Honda is far from being a "company with a history of below par used values." Like I stated before, I think the most cars now have crap resale value.

Back