Kia Ceed - 1.6 Diesel

wait till July - save €2500 on the retail price plus only €150 road tax per year - grand car for the money - 5 star euroncap

wait till July - save €2500 on the retail price plus only €150 road tax per year - grand car for the money - 5 star euroncap

Considering buying a new car but am wondering if there is a comprehensive list or a database telling you this sort of info?

i.e. is it better to wait til July to buy a certain car or better to get it before?

How are you calculating a saving of Eur 2500 off the retail price? From what I seem to remember, car dealers were saying that they may not be passing on the VRT reduction, as they claim to have been taking a hit on it in the past.

teddyk

How are you calculating a saving of Eur 2500 off the retail price? From what I seem to remember, car dealers were saying that they may not be passing on the VRT reduction, as they claim to have been taking a hit on it in the past.

teddyk

Yes I am sure that the competition authority would have a field day with that alright - expect to see a lot of diesel or petrol options for the same price after July - pretty much the same way they do it in the UK.

Try googlng the data yourself for this model the VRT drops from 25% to 16% of OMSP

I believe these cars are a great improvement of previous Kia's. Same can be said for Hyundai's i30. I've driven neither btw.

I guess however the great fear is that they'll take a massive depreciation hit.

Badge snobbery is alive and well, for goood or for bad.

with a 7 year warrenty I would say the hit might not be that much. if you sold after 5 the new owner would still have 2 years warranty on it. a good selling point methinks.

Considering buying a new car but am wondering if there is a comprehensive list or a database telling you this sort of info?

i.e. is it better to wait til July to buy a certain car or better to get it before?

There is a good forum on www.boards.ie in the Motors section on VRT there are also some spreadsheets showing what the car prices should be both before and after July 08 available to download.

I would certainly wait until after July if you are buying a Diesel.

Here is a link to a review [broken link removed]&

Yes I am sure that the competition authority would have a field day with that alright - expect to see a lot of diesel or petrol options for the same price after July - pretty much the same way they do it in the UK.

Try googlng the data yourself for this model the VRT drops from 25% to 16% of OMSP

I read a positive quote from a BMW spokesperson (can't remember where?) and they said they would pass on the full VRT reduction.

Drove a rental a few times in Spain, and yes it was a diesel. Very impressed with the car overall, nice to drive, comfortable and peppy.

The wife has a 1.4 petrol. I rarely am allowed near it but since I'm the one paying the leasing I can say it's great value for money and a lovely little car to drive around the city.

Back