Key Barrel for Toyota Corolla, Alternatives to Main Dealer

FrCrilly

Hi All,

I have a minor problem with a Toyota Corolla. The key barrel on the drivers door is worn and needs to be replaced. I have thought of swapping this with the key barrel to the passenger door, however I’ve been told the two are actually incompatible.

If possible I would like to avoid buying from a main dealer. (they usually have high profit margins for the car brand name to be on the product). Also, to the best of my knowledge, car dismantlers don’t usually sell them as they usually sell the key with the ignition and not the key barrel.

If anyone is aware of (and can reference) any alternative way to source a Toyota Corolla key barrel, I am all ears (eg Ebay, an internet retailer, a motor factor shop, some guy who sells them at a car boot sale, or something that you have thought of that I haven’t)

Any information will be greatly appreciated, no matter how small. Thanks In Advance for all responses.

have a look on ebay you can get full locksets at good prices most of them will be located in the uk

If you go via eBay or a motor factors, you'll end up with 2 keys (one for ignition and one for door) so bear that in mind.
It mightn't bother you though.
If you want one to match the car, you'll need to give the chassis number to the dealer and have them order you one. Ring them and get a price, then ring a dealer in NI and ask the price. You won't be surprised to hear that NI dealers will be significantly cheaper.

Try Cafco Motorparts, St Margarets D11. 018642832. They're great for generic parts at about half the price of main dealer branded ones.

Back