Kettles Lane, Kinsealy

J

JoeOD

Hi all,
Fingal County council has offered me an apartment in their affordable housing development in Kettles Lane, Kinsealy.
Now, while the apartment itself is superb, and I couldn’t possibly argue with the price at which I’m being offered the unit, I can’t help having some quibbles about Kinsealy itself.

Yes, it is “a good area”, but there seems to be very little in the way of community facilities or amenities. In Drynam, for example, there is nothing apart from one small Londis.
Does anybody know what plans there are for development (shops, pubs, sports, schools) in the immediate area?

Also, Kettles Lane seems to be quite an isolated area - neither Swords, or Malahide, or Balgriffin. I’ve worked out that, on my wages, I can’t afford to pay a mortgage, furnish an apartment AND run a car. Does anybody have any experience of having to commute to the city centre using public transport, and how easy have you found it? (I don’t fancy having to wait 5 / 10 / 50 years for the Metro north route to be completed).

I realize the Kettles Lane homes themselves are top notch, but, if I was to turn it down, does anybody know where else Fingal might have properties available in the near future?

Any thoughts?

Joe,

You should type kettles lane into your search above and read posts about kettles lane, might be some help !!

Hi all,
Fingal County council has offered me an apartment in their affordable housing development in Kettles Lane, Kinsealy.
Now, while the apartment itself is superb, and I couldn’t possibly argue with the price at which I’m being offered the unit, I can’t help having some quibbles about Kinsealy itself. [/quote]

If I were you I would be thanking my lucky stars instead of trying to find fault with the area. Think of how many people are desperate to get offered what you have, but may not (in the short term at least) get the chance to do so.

Last edited:
Hi,

I agree...I practiclly begged Fingal for an appointment to see them and they said I was too far down the list.
I would have given anything to get a chance at them.

They are in an ideal location, beautiful apartments.

as for facilities you have swords only up the road, lots of shops & pubs, you have alsaa down the road and sportslink further down another bit. I think its great that its a bit isolated because its unspoilt yet you only have to get on the bus and be minutes away from whatever you need.

you're insane if you pass up that property...!!

I agree with the other posts. Stop trying to find faults when the county council are doing you a huge favour. People who turn down affordable housing offers shouldn't be offered again in my view.

On a separate note, can't you afford to run a cheap car if you don't furnish the apartment fully on day one? There are probably plenty of things you can go without in the apartment for the first few months or take old furniture from others / relatives. You could survive on very little if you wanted to.

in terms of local facilities, and within walking distance, there is the londis you mentioned and a new beauty salon / hairdressers in drynam hall. Then there is the feltrim shopping centre (in kinsealy downs, which you can access through drynam hall) which has a very large spar, a chemist, a chinese take away, a pub / off licence and a bookies (if u are into that!)

On kettles lane itself there is a Golf driving range being built, and a little further up they are building a park / sports facility / childrens playground.

The 43 bus goes into town from the feltrim road, it has been improved recently with more buses put on to facilitate the growing number of people living in the area. It leaves town from abbey st.

Back