Kerry - places to visit

LM26

Hi, my sister has 5 days to explore Kerry on her way up from Cork to Galway. Can anyone please give me recommendations of places to visit as neither of us have been before so trying to help her organise it?

She is in her early 20s and is going with her boyfriend - both are sporty and although drinkers, they are more into sight seeing/daytime activities than being night time party animals (as far as I know!!)

Thanks for any help!

Does she want to move around? Killarney for 2 nights an Dingle for 2 nights would allow her to se a lot

Thanks Windup, are you able to give more details on what she could see from those 2 bases? They will have a car so moving around is no problem.

Killarney is a good base for the ring of Kerry and the national park ( torc mountain is a nice easy hike with excellent views over the lakes) could allow 1 day for the Ring and another for the national park & A drive through the Gap of Dunloe

The drive to dingle is nice with Inch strand on they way if the want to stop (its about 4 miles of beach jutting out into the bay. West of dingle has the most spectacular scennary in Kerry and you get to see a lot more in a shorter time span then you do on the Ring.

Both Killarney and Dingke are lively at night with good restaurants

If I think of more i'll add later

Back