Kerbing Quote

laragh

Trying to line up someone to do a bit of kerbing around the house (north east of the country). Around 200M or so to be done with quite a few curves involved.
First quote I got was for €12 per Metre labour only.
Does that seem a bit steep?
I am going to get a few more quotes before i decide but I wondered had anyone here got that kind of work done recently?

This sounds a bit on the steep side alright, a good kerber would do around 200m in about a week concrete backing and all. And working out at a rate of about €30 - €35 an hour working 9 hour days from 8 to 6 and an hour for lunch. It should cost you about at the maximum €1200 - €1600 labour only. With kerbs only about €3 -€4 each costing around €800, one load of leanmix for bedding costing around €400 - €500 and two loads of concrete for the backing around €1000. He'll cost you almost as much as the material, ask him to re-quote you, if you will lay out the kerbs for him to place them, teleporter for a days hire you'd have it done in no time.

Looking at getting kerbing meself.......Need 100yds and priced the kerbs, 6x4, 3ft long costs €3.30..Muladeys Longford.

Kerbs should cost in the region of €25-30m supplied fitted and foundation

With kerb itself costing €4 / m and concrete for foundation & backing about €7 / m does this mean that the labour quote of €12 / m is not too far off the mark?

Tried to get other quotes but have to wait as all other lads I rang said they'd need to see the site before quoting, which is fair enough! But none could come for at least two weeks to look at it!!