Kep pad for house alarm beeping

Coolaboy

The key pad on the house alarm is beeping away. Putting the code in does not fix it. Is there an internal batery in the key pad that has got low? What is causing this promblem?

Sounds like to the back up battery for the alarm. This is contained in the main wiring box for the alarm (usually located in your hot press). Do not open this box unless you have the engineer code for your alarm as it has an anti tamper trip on it and your alarm will go off. If you have the engineer code you can replace the battery easy enough as they are available from electrical wholesalers. If you are not sure get a professional in.

What kind of alarm do you have?

I change the battery on mine not to long ago. The battery is in the main alarm box in your house (under the stairs maybe). When you unscrew the cover the alarm will go off, enter the alarm code on the keypad will stop it.

Then just take out the dead battery and replace with a new one.

Obviously make sure you get the exact same type of battery.

Find out your alarm type, do a bit of searching on the web about changing batteries on it and if you don't feel comfortable doing this get an electrician in. It is a very small job.

This is a rental house I bought two years. I never got the code for the alarm. I asked the people I bought the house from last year but they gave me the wrong code. What do I do now? I have no code.

Do you mean you do not have the code to turn the alarm on\off or you do not have the engineer code?

You should try to get the battery replaced asap.
If you have a power cut and the battery is not functioning then the alarm will go off.

I used this irish company to get a replacement battery for mine when it failed. [broken link removed]

However you will need to get the primary code for your alarm before you open it / replace the battery.

If that is not available, it is possible to get engineer codes and factory reset codes for alarms but I think you are going to have to go to the landlord/alarm company on that one.

Back