Kenmare

helan72

Hi,

Hope someone can help. Will be spending a week in Kenmare in June. am bringing some relatives there and have been trawling the internet for interesting things to do. Does anyone have any personel experiences (good & bad) for things to do, places to eat, trips.

They are high maintenance relatives so want to have everything in place before they arrive or else I will have some serious earache!!!

thanks

Stayed in Kenmare for a week about two years ago. Had dinner in Packies Restaurant, which was absolutely divine. I hear the Lime Tree (think thats its name is also nice.

lots of lovely places to eat in kenmare youcould drive to glengarrife and take a trip to garnish island beautiful in nice weather also other gardens about 20 mins direen gardens lots of night life the landsdowne arms for music also the square pint if you really in to posh got to the park for afternoon tea also sheen falls beautifull grounds to walk around

Glengariff is a lovely scenic drive away and close enough to pay a visit to Garnish island.

The Lime tree restaurant is great, had dinner there before. Really good and it's in an old schoolhouse which adds to the atmosphere.

Take a nice drive to Bantry which has really nice eateries too - I think it's O'Connells pub has the most fantastic seafood available there - great for lunch.

You could also take a drive over Molls gap to Killarney and also do a trip around the ring of Kerry and also the Skellig ring (which is absolutely gorgeous and usually quite quiet compared to the ring of Kerry), Portmagee is a quaint place to stop for lunch on the Skellig ring (and you used to be able to take a ferry to Skellig rock from here) , and then you can head across to Valentia Island, drive up through here and take the car ferry across to Cahirciveen.

All in all Kenmare is a great place for touring, try a trip out the beara peninsula too - out to Dursey Island and a drive over the Conor Pass.

Have a look here - www.corkkerry.ie
[broken link removed]
http://www.corkkerry.ie/content.asp?id=178

Enjoy !

thanks everyone - all that should def make life easier - in fact think I will just go on my own - leave the rellies at my house and enjoy myself!!!!!!

Back