Keeping other people from using your rubbish bin?

whackin

I have a rubbish bin that when I put it out on a Sunday night it is generally about 3/4 full. By monday mornig it is overflowing as the local gobsheens fill it with their own rubbish. This occurs to such an extent that the company (wiser bins) won't collect it. I have asked them about using anti-gravity locks and they say that they don't fit on their bins. How lese can one stop psople using the bins that I am paying for? If I an unable to do this how would you suggest it is best to handle rubbish disposal in another way? I'm damned if I pay for anyone else's. Incidentaly the same thing happnes with the Recycling. We were able to identify a name from one such bag of recycling (on a plane ticket stub to Krakow) but we can't find an address from that person. Any way of doing that?

Is it a criminal offence to abuse the service some one else is paying for?

Re: Keeping other people form using your rubbish bin?

Especially if you have found some potentially identifying information in the rubbish you should report the littering incidents to your local authority. My wife is currently engaged in doing something similar for her parents and the DCC wardens came around immediately once already and are due back out again today.

Re: Keeping other people form using your rubbish bin?

Is it still littering if they put it in someone else's bin? (I hope so cos we could go after them on that front if that's the case.)

In the in laws' case it involves littering in a laneway adjacent to their home by at least two neighbours (already observed and identified). DCC wardens were around again today (first out on Friday following a call to them on Thursday) and are pursuing the case. There is also a neighbour who dumps their stuff in the in laws' whellie bin (presumably because they are too mean to pay their own bin charges) but that is not being dealt with yet.

Is it possible to have your own bin full before you take it out? It has happened to me before. Whenever I put my half full bin outside on thursday nights, I had come home from work twice to see my bin not picked up because it was too full. I wasn't going to seive through someone elses rubbish. It has now stopped since I take out my bin every six weeks which makes six bags in my bin. Too full already for them to add their stuff. It saves me money plus I don't have to pay to take out someone else's rubbish.

Is it possible to have your own bin full before you take it out? It has happened to me before. Whenever I put my half full bin outside on thursday nights, I had come home from work twice to see my bin not picked up because it was too full.
But even if it's full when you put it out then what's to stop the "too full" problem from arising anyway? :confused:

Could you put your bin out on the Monday morning instead? It may stop whoever is dumping their stuff in your bin as they wouldn't have the cover of darkness to do so?

Could you put your bin out on the Monday morning instead? It may stop whoever is dumping their stuff in your bin as they wouldn't have the cover of darkness to do so?

That is the answer, nobody will go near your bin in daylight. It also solves a different problem of stealing bin tags!

Get one of those battery-powered light sensitive alarms and tape it to the inside of the lid. When it is opened they will get a nice surprise and also alert you to their presence. The bin men probably won't hear it when emptying the bin with the noise of the truck.

Something along the lines of this. You can buy this type of product already made up if you search the web.
http://www.electronic-kits-and-projects.com/3008.htm

Back