Keeping interior of windows 'clean' when plastering etc

coolio

Hi, I have checked the key posts and couldn't see a thread on this. We are building at the moment and are due to have our windows (alu-clad) fitted tomorrow. However, I am looking for a product similar to perhaps cling film to put on the windows to try and protect for the remainder of the build - plastering, painting etc. Interested to hear if any of ye have come across something like this. I have seen it used once so know it should be available. Thanks in advance

I thought in this day and age, all window companys supplied the windows with this preinstalled. Can't say I've ever seen it for sale.

No it's not pre-installed on any I've seen. Maybe it's just the ones I've seen. It's just like a plastic that you would remove when you move in. Thanks for replying.

Could you just apply sheets of clear plastic yourself with masking tape?
Leo

Our plasterer did not want us to put anything on the windows.
You just have to clean them every night after plastering. Keep away from masking tape as its impossible to remove.

Thanks a mil for the suggestions. Will do a practice run first with the masking tape and see how it goes!

my friend uses a product similar to cling film only a lot thicker. It rolls on easily enough. I dont at the moment know where he gets it. Might see him this evening and ask. He can do the entire house very quickly.

well, I kept asking and finally got a result. a company called glazeguard will call, clean all windows inside and out and then put on a plastic cover inside and out that can be peeled off afterwards. Just had it done and it looks the business. Not even met him or paid him yet! all done over the phone.

I am in Clare.

noah

Can anybody that has used a company like Glazeguard in to cover new windows while building gave an indication of how much they paid to have this done.

Don't forget to strip off any sticky things - blue pads, cellophane strips along the edges of the frames, rating stickers - from the outside of the glass as soon as it is safe to do so... leave them for any length of time and they're next to impossible to get off.

Coolio,

We have a supplier here at work sent me a sample the other day looks just like what you need its called protecta window from protecta screen limited, www.protectascreen.com i think igoe internationl stock this also www.igoe.ie

[broken link removed] think we paid €90 for the roll. I have no connection with this company.

Just had it done and it looks the business. Not even met him or paid him yet! all done over the phone

How did they
clean all windows inside and out and then put on a plastic cover inside and out
over the phone !:p

We just got our windows fitted, when we ordered the windows they asked did we want them protected with a plastic covering for an extra €300. We went for it, don't know maybe a rip off, but sure at least the windows are protected.

Back