Kearns Place, Old Kilmainham

JohnJay

Theres a property at the end of this street that is not on the market yet, but will be shortly. It looks like an ok area to me, though there are are a few vacent commercial properties which have planning for a new commercial/retail development. It seems very quiet and near town. Anyone got anything good or bad to say about the area?

I'm living in Kilmainham, past the gaol and the Hilton, since last September, and love the area. As you say, near to town, I walk in and out to work every day in 40 minutes, yet having IMMA, Memorial Gardens, the Liffey and Phoenix Park so near, you feel like you are out of the hustle and bustle.
Down in Old Kilmainham is a bit more industrial, but feels really historical and grounded. Seems like a lovely part. Some great pubs nearby too, but no decent restaurants around at all unfortunately. Lacks the village buzz of other suburbs close to the city.
Have seen no trouble since i moved in. Seems to be lot quieter and nicer than all the surrounding areas like Rialto, Inchicore, Drimnagh, Islandbridge. Not being snobby, but think the lack of big blocks of corporation flats helps. But as a result, you will pay a bit more for a Kilmainham address than for a neighbouring one.
"They" say Kilmainham is full of artists, actors, musicians, etc. but I've yet to see much of that about the place...although if I frequented the Patriots Inn and the Royal Oak a bit more, then maybe I would!!

there are 3 (small) 2 bed houses for sale in this area for under 200k. What a shame that there are plans for a few 7 storey developments in the middle of them!

anybody else have anything to add? I'm about to put in an offer...

Speak now, or forever hold your 2 cents!

Back