KBC reduces mortgage rate by 0.2% for current account customers

Thanks Brendan. I just got approval in principle from KBC, so good news, I think? Hopefully switching current accounts would be worth it...unless they increase rates in the near future....

KBC have been offering a rate of 3.85% for ltvs of <60%. Anyone know if they will apply this discount to this deal?

I cannot find ny details on this on their website. Does anyone has the conditions to avail the offer?

There is information on it in their 'Press & Media' section.

[broken link removed]

One obviously needs to factor in the contingent current account fees when calculating if this mortgage offers the best return.

Obviously, over the term of the mortgage, KBC will probably increase the contingent fees.

Also, KBC have publically said they will review their Irish strategy in 2016. If KBC pull out of current accounts in the future the discount could disappear as happened to some Danske customers.

There is information on it in their 'Press & Media' section.

[broken link removed]

Thanks for this DMcL. Looks like it will be off all their rates.

Not a bad deal - but CiaranT makes a good point about Danske. I have a great tracker with them but right now I wish my tracker was a bit higher, but with a bank that allowed portability.

Any idea when KBC is launching their offer? Cannot see anything advertised on their website, beside the press statement that does not contain much details for existing customers

I queried this with my broker as we are in the process of buying a house and he said that this was the information he got from KBC:

The information is now on the KBC website [broken link removed] with discounted rates [broken link removed].