KBC - applying for a lower LTV rate, but I can't get a valuation

KAZZA

Hi
Currently on a 4.25% variable interest rate. In order to reduce the rate I need to get house valued which at this time cannot be done. We are in limbo now as this is the only way to get the rate reduced by anything substantial. Anybody have any advice on how to proceed or has anyone had any similar dealings with KBC and was successful in getting a better rate.
Thanks

Would the person who valued the house when you bought it update it?

However, it would be difficult to value the house in today's very strange market.

Brendan

You might find that if you try and get the valuation someone will do it for you. Valuations for the bank seem to fit into the very broad definition of “essential” and the few I spoke to where still doing house calls. Yours and their risk tolerance for having a stranger in your house at this time will need to be considered.
Hope it works out for you as it seems like it should be a very easy thing for KBC to shift a rate on paper...

You’d imagine it would be easy to reduce the rate... and I’m sure they could if they wanted to. They replied and said they still looking into alternatives but no decision has been made yet. They are really no help at all!

I'm in the process of getting a mortgage with KBC, and they were able to get a valuation done earlier this week. So they have some valuators working at the moment. However the house is empty and they only had to deal with the state agent selling it.

Back