Katie Taylor - World Title No 3 Tonight?

mathepac

Waterford's Katie Taylor boxes for her 3rd world title tonight in Barbados live here - [broken link removed]

Fight is due to be broadcast live between 8:00 and 8:30 pom Irish Time.

Just checked online, there's a lovely big tri-colour strategically draped over the balcony directly opposite the the main camera position.

Is she from Waterford? I thought she was from Bray.

Either way best of luck to her

You are of course correct - these counties with W's confuse me at times (amongst other things of course), they tend to just merge into one in my old mind. Sorry

You are of course correct - these counties with W's confuse me at times (amongst other things of course), they tend to just merge into one in my old mind. Sorry

How can you possibly confuse Wicklow and Waterford ?

Wicklow is indeed home to Katie whereas Waterford is home to John O'Shea whose immaculate cross produced Man U's winner against Liverpool and Daryl Murphy who scored Celtic's opener today

How can you possibly confuse Wicklow and Waterford ? ...
Its not just those two there's Wexford and Westmeath as well and I'm sorry but individually or even collectively the W counties haven't exactly set the sporting world on fire (English and Scotch soccer don't count in a boxing thread. You're wildly off topic and in serious trouble; I'm sending Katie around to your house. )

I watched the fight online (on a crappy Vodafone mobile connection ) and it was an imperious performance. It took Katie about a minute of the 1st round to get the measure of the taller Chinese girl and having gone to 2-2 in the scoring Katie just took over and bossed matters thereafter as only she can. Unusually, Katie came close to knocking Dong down twice with immaculately timed and delivered left hooks/crosses.

Considering the fight Katie had just the previous night in her semi-final against the talented and tenacious Queen Underwood, it's a testament to her fitness and conditioning that she could turn in a performance like this just 24 hours later. BTW AFAIK, her male colleagues would not be asked to make a turn-around like this

I wonder if this was one of our male boxers who were fighting for a gold medal and a world title would we be forced to watch it online? I also watched it on a crappy connection and it was very frustrating. But well done Katie.