Katie Taylor - World Title No 3 Tonight?

mathepac

Waterford's Katie Taylor boxes for her 3rd world title tonight in Barbados live here - [broken link removed]

Fight is due to be broadcast live between 8:00 and 8:30 pom Irish Time.

Just checked online, there's a lovely big tri-colour strategically draped over the balcony directly opposite the the main camera position. :D

You are of course correct - these counties with W's confuse me at times (amongst other things of course), they tend to just merge into one in my old mind. Sorry :eek:

You are of course correct - these counties with W's confuse me at times (amongst other things of course), they tend to just merge into one in my old mind. Sorry :eek:

How can you possibly confuse Wicklow and Waterford ?

Wicklow is indeed home to Katie whereas Waterford is home to John O'Shea whose immaculate cross produced Man U's winner against Liverpool and Daryl Murphy who scored Celtic's opener today ;)

How can you possibly confuse Wicklow and Waterford ? ...
Its not just those two there's Wexford and Westmeath as well and I'm sorry but individually or even collectively the W counties haven't exactly set the sporting world on fire (English and Scotch soccer don't count in a boxing thread. You're wildly off topic and in serious trouble; I'm sending Katie around to your house. :D )

I watched the fight online (on a crappy Vodafone mobile connection :mad:) and it was an imperious performance. It took Katie about a minute of the 1st round to get the measure of the taller Chinese girl and having gone to 2-2 in the scoring Katie just took over and bossed matters thereafter as only she can. Unusually, Katie came close to knocking Dong down twice with immaculately timed and delivered left hooks/crosses.

Considering the fight Katie had just the previous night in her semi-final against the talented and tenacious Queen Underwood, it's a testament to her fitness and conditioning that she could turn in a performance like this just 24 hours later. BTW AFAIK, her male colleagues would not be asked to make a turn-around like this

I wonder if this was one of our male boxers who were fighting for a gold medal and a world title would we be forced to watch it online? I also watched it on a crappy connection and it was very frustrating. But well done Katie.

Back