Just turned 60. Any ideas on benefits etc from shops, travel, hotels etc...?

crayola234

Yes, I've just passed the landmark of 60 !

I'm told that there may be some benefits after all of reaching the milestone. For example, I believe that Woodies offers 10% off on Thursdays. Not sure if it's true, but will follow up.

Has anyone got other ideas on what 'fringe' benefits ther may be out there for oldies like me?

Emmmm in the same boat, not much apparently apart from Woodies offer, but some hotels do occassionaly have 'senior citizens offers' and though were not 65+ I got away with it once, hotels will bite your hands off these days for customers.

Personally I find it pathetic that persons in the age bracket from over 50 to 65 and over, are classed as Seniors. I have a while to get there but I certainly hold little desire to be placed into a Seniors bracket. People over 70 used to be classed as Seniors - simple as that.

Was this a way for the Banks to sell more products by sucking people of 50+ into a catchment simply to rip them off, as they had made money in the property boom and decided to take it easier.

If you want a deal, just go into a retailer with cash and ask them for their best deal. And if they want to be rude about it, find another outlet.

B&Q, atlantic homecare and 4home(don't know if co-op do it now) have over 60's offers. Also, most of the hotel's do offers for over 60's.

The cinema chain Vue have "Senior citizens tickets: for anyone over the age of 60.", a few euro cheaper then the normal adult cost.