Just paid €56 for Ryanair seats and No Priority Boarding included.

I like the Ryan Air á la carte model; there is a basic price for the flight and you only pay for the extras that you want.

I'm not sure the price of the flights has anything to do with the OP's question.
Of course it does. If the flight was €5 then the whole journey was still cheap. If it was €300 then it wasn't.

Just booked a return flight to Dublin. 56 Euro. Including a seat. I paid an extra 25 for a bag on one leg.

Of course it does
Not at all.
The Op is simply stating that up to the 31st December priority boarding was included in his seat reservation fee of €14. On the 1st January this same seat fee had increased to €19. That's his point.

I was asked to pay a further €20 for priority boarding if I wanted to guarantee my cabin bags on board.(two people each way).

From Monday having priority boarding is the only way you will get your bags in the cabin - it is not the first 70 anymore.

Last edited:
It used to cost me nearly 500 IEP to fly home at Christmas when we had the good old days of the Aer Lingus travel racket for it's staff.

And thanks to Ryanair, Aer Lingus has gotten so much cheaper. I got return flights from Dublin to Amsterdam for 70 euro at the end of the month. It will nearly cost us as much to park the car at the airport as it will be to fly.

Not at all.
The Op is simply stating that up to the 31st December priority boarding was included in his seat reservation fee of €14. On the 1st January this same seat fee had increased to €19. That's his point.
Things change, who knew?