Just laid insulation over exposed subfloor; Impact of recent rain?

apple1

Folks....my plumber recently laid insulation (rigid 60mm kingspan) over the subfloor in my new build in anticipation of laying the UFH pipework. I visited the site this afternoon and the pipes are not laid yet (not a big problem for me). There is however a significant volume of water under the sheets of insulation given the recent rainfall. I've two questions:
1) Is the quality of the rigid boards compromised due to being exposed to water
2) Assuming he continues and lays the UFH pipes, can the screed then be poured given that there is water "trapped" under the insulation?
Thanks in advance, apple1

(1) The rigid boards are 'closed cell' type so any water damage is negliable at this point, but obviously they shouldnt be left like this for long.

(2) The concrete screed "should" displace the water when its poured. make sure you leave an exit point for the water to be pushed out, ie at a door threshold etc.

Thanks syd - a wealth of information as usual. Its nigh impossible getting a 5/6 day dry snap here at the moment, so guess plumber had little choice but to take the plunge (literally). Just fyi, its a Timberframe build so no shelter for the boards at all yet (finished screed being poured prior to kit erection) so the insulation will be at the mercy of the elements until the screed is poured.

Back