Jurys Inn Galway - seeking an alternative.

R

Raw babe

Hi,

I just rang Jurys in Galway and got quoted a price of €176 incl Breakfast for one night (two adults). This seems very expensive for a Jurys Inn.

Does anyone know of any hotels very near to Jurys Inn that we could try instead?

Thanks very much,

just did a post about hotels in Galway - we booked the Victoria Hotel B & B Fri & Sat nights for 300Eu. It's not a very fancy hotel but just off the square so it'll do us - ring the hotel direct & ask for the best price they will give you.

Race week is always very expensive. Try the Pillo hotel (formerly Courtyard by Marriott). I stayed there recently and thought it was fairly reasonable.

No its for the end of August. We have friends staying in Jurys Inn so we want somewhere pretty close to there.

Thanks Windup, I tried that place but its fully booked.

We got the Spanish Arch so hopefully thats ok!

There are only a handful of hotels with a few hundred meters of Jurys. The House Hotel looks quite plush, the Spanish Arch is probably a bit more basic but it right in the middle of Quay Street so don't plan an early night.

Further afield but still within a 5 minute walk, try The Victoria, The Meyrick, Park House, The Western, and the Imperial.. all of which are in or around Eyre Square.

I always recommend two fine hotels in Salthill. The Salthill Hotel and the Galway Bay both overlook the Atlantic Ocean, are on a city bus service (Bus No 1 from outside AIB Eyre Square). Both are newish, have great facilities and are only €10 taxi fare away from the loudness of Quay Street.

just did a post about hotels in Galway - we booked the Victoria Hotel B & B Fri & Sat nights for 300Eu. It's not a very fancy hotel but just off the square so it'll do us - ring the hotel direct & ask for the best price they will give you.

You could try the Ibis just out the start of The Headford Rd. A basic hotel but comfortable and functional. Plus, free parking.

Radisson normally around 150e and if you or someone you know has O2 treats you will get 20% off... with a voucher code. Other option could be to use booking.com or roomex.com etc and get Jurys at a cheaper rate. No way is it worth paying 176 for a room there.

Back