Jurgen Klinsmann Fired Today. Remember This Dive?

I remember a Klinsmann T-Shirt a Spurs fan had years ago. It said something like "My father bombed London in '42, I'm back to finish the job"

He deserved to be sacked for that dive.

I remember it well. Further ruined an already terrible final.

I still remember crying at the end when Maradona was crying.

Can anyone remember the time Mark Bosnich cleaned him out when collecting a high ball in some villa spurs match ? Kicked him stright into the gob !!

The more i look at it there did seem to be contact, in fairness the defender didn't make any great protestation so it would seem he was guilty. If he caught him properly with that tackle he would proberbly broken his leg.

Can anyone remember the time Mark Bosnich cleaned him out when collecting a high ball in some villa spurs match ? Kicked him stright into the gob !!

Was that the time Bosnich did his Harold Schumacher impression and almost killed him? Rings a bell alright.

The more i look at it there did seem to be contact, in fairness the defender didn't make any great protestation so it would seem he was guilty. If he caught him properly with that tackle he would proberbly broken his leg.

Back in those days (I sound older than I actually am) that tackle wouldn't have been a straight red. A very biased ref and a cheating German got him sent off. I think he was resigned to this and walked without an argument

In fairness, the argie went in as if he intended to inflcit pain!

Those kind of speculative dives are more commonplace now but the theatrics afterwards were unforgiveable.