Junk email received - should I respond?

ACA

Morning all, received the email below this morning. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar - should I respond, unsubscribe or ignore, advice welcome.

Hello ACA ,

We have checks ready to send you for offering us your honest opinion on various online surveys that only take a few minutes to complete. So if you're interested in earning a nice extra income each month for just giving your opinion on various surveys then press here to begin

PSC and its partners bring you fresh opportunities to express your opinions, participate in online focus groups, try out new products, be heard AND be paid to boot! How would you like to sit in the comfort of your own home, fill out surveys online, and participate in online focus groups and get a nice big paycheck at the end of the month?

You can participate whenever you'd like, morning, noon, night .. midnight if you'd like .. it doesn't matter. Simply log in and select surveys to fill out, get paid for your time. Work for 30 minutes or three hours, it doesn't matter ..you set your own hours!

Press here to start

We can only accept a few more people, but we will accept you if you're interested...and we hope you are!

Thank you,

Matt F. and Don G.
PSC Representatives since 1998

-----

To Unsubscribe from future SurveyClub emails use this link

During the removal period, you may receive some invitations that were already in process when your request was received. To Unsubscribe via U.S. Mail please send all inquiries to: SurveyClub, #425 3210 E Chinden Blvd #115, Eagle, ID 83616.

--
You will not get anymore of our emails if you go here and enter your email address (xxxxx@eircom.net)
or write to:

Software Innovations Inc.
160 W. Foothill Pkwy, Suite 105-20
Corona, CA 92882

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty straight forward - Ignore.

If you reply or unsubscribe then the spaming agent knows the email address is active and you'll be pestered in the future.

Never mind replying to it you should not even open/preview suspected or known junk email as doing so may just confirm your address back to spammers or, worse still, activate HTML/Javascript that could mess around with your system. Use a junk mail filter at the email client, mail server or ISP end to try to weed out spam

you acknowledge that it is Junk email yet you are considering responding? The mind boggles...

Whackin - outlook decided it was spam/junk, I didn't - sure some emails that are important end up in there too - but I know what you mean. The only thing that's alarming me is that this company used my name - how would they get that? Received another email from them within the last 5 mins, going on about spyware - only ever used Norton so haven't got a clue how they found me

Shouldn't you remove the links in the email from this thread? Anyone clicking those links will access the spammer's website - your email address is built into the link. This would be enough for the spammers to know your email is genuine so you'll get more spam.

BTW I would imagine they pulled your name out of the first part of your email address.

ACA: Footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down

I doubt Stephen Hawking would agree with that one.

It was wrong to open the unidentified email because web bugs and scripts are embedded into the content which loads upon opening and this when loaded will
ensure you are targetted for even more servings of spam.

Now that you have opened the email , you may as well do the following:

Look for the view source button in your email, copy and paste the text information into a new email and send it all to

SPAM@UCE.GOV

See here for more info

[broken link removed]

originally posted by Brouhahaha
BTW I would imagine they pulled your name out of the first part of your email address
My actual name was there, I changed it to ACA before original post. I have removed the links in the email now - never even thought abought anyone following them:eek:

I've not responded to them and have deleted them now, the main reason for my original post was I wondered had anyone else got a similar mail and what they'd done. Thanx for all the replies

Shouldn't you remove the links in the email from this thread? Anyone clicking those links will access the spammer's website - your email address is built into the link. This would be enough for the spammers to know your email is genuine so you'll get more spam.
I've removed the links.

I have found Temporary Inbox a very useful addon in Firefox when you don't want to give out your main e-mail address but want to e.g get online car rental quotes, online insurance quotes, register to gain access to a site etc.

Back