June Sun Holiday Suggestions

Anto318

Hi all,

I hope you can help. I am trying to plan a 7-day sun holiday for 6/7 June and I have no idea where I should go. I'm not very keen on the package holidays but basically looking for a nice hotel, sun, sea and sand. I love hot climate and want to relax at the beach/pool for the 7 days.

Could anyone recommend where to go??

I have a resonable budget but just looking for some ideas and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

. I'm not very keen on the package holidays but basically looking for a nice hotel, sun, sea and sand. I love hot climate and want to relax at the beach/pool for the 7 days.

Im confused this sound exactly like most package holidays.

hi hizzy,

Yes I'm travelling alone.

foxylady, I've been on package holidays before and you end up in these run down 3* hotels where your stuck with loud teenagers getting hammered and sick everywhere. I am looking to book flight and then a hotel which wouldn't really be a package holiday hotel.

I hope that clears it up and helps with any suggestions that people may have

Hi Anto318,

Try somewhere like the Algarve in Portugal, you can book an apt through one of the websites like ownersdirect.co.uk or holidaylettings.co.uk. Ryanair also fly into Faro so that's your flights sorted. Only two hours away and guaranteed great weather and food.

I booked flight and hotel separate to Tenerife in January and got it for a lot less than the packages as they charge so much for single supplement.

You want the hotel du palais in Biarritz. Interesting top class hotel by the beach. Haggle for a good rate. Interesting town too. Not guarenteed to scorch but you'll still get a tan.

Faro is guarenteed hot but the surrounding area in that part of the algarve is not much more than a man made dump (quinto de lago was where I was) Where the government took the development money and forgot to put in footpaths and street lighting and - bit like our own I suppose.
You want somewhere that isnt wall to wall cockney and Irish accents.

One week for single person including flight, transfers, taxes and fees and hotel accommodation...

Morocco 399 bb 449 halfboard

tunisia for 370 euros flight, transfers and decent 3 star hotel on bb.
or half board at 400.

Four-star hotel at half board 479

no lager louts in either Morocco or Tunisia. -good beaches, hotels of better standard for the same price as Spanish ones.

Within the resorts you won't get too bothered as a single lady unless you're tall, blonde and walk around in hot-pants.

or Turkey -less posh hotels - for 330 single room on the following week.

Spain also at similar or maybe cheaper prices but I think Tunisian hotels have betetr standards for the prices. If you want a lazy holiday its the best bet.
Though, if you want to see a few sights and wander around then you may feel mroe comfortable in Spain/Portugal rather than Tunisia. Tunisians and Moroccans can be pests but not dangerous ones...

try cabanas de tavira on the eastern algarve, its a little fishing village with a couple of bars and lots of restaurants.

golden clube hotel has a boat that takes you over to a secluded beach, with only a handful of tourists.it has its own leisure center,3 pools (1 indoor) and a wide range of apartments , studios and hotel rooms

the prices are reasonable in june, the village gets lots of portuguese families on holiday,and this is reflected in the prices in the restaurants and bars.

one thing you definitley will not see is gangs of drunken youths, its a peaceful relaxing place where you can get great food,and is only a 2 1/2 hour flight away.

I agree with last comment - CabanAs de Tavira very nice and few minutes from pleasant town of Tavira..but cost of flight, transfers, single room in a good hotel will cost a single person around 700 euros just on b&b. The air fares will now be about 300 euros(inc all charges,luggage etc).

ps
Most beach hotels will also cater to package holiday companies -they couldn't survive otherwise.
But early june in many areas will never ever see drunk Micks/Brits or teenage yobs.

Have been on most of the 'package deals' and the d.i.y. Would not knock either, as each has a place depending on your mood and budget.
Just back from Portugal, booked with Thompson UK, flew with ryanair to stanstead, had to stay overnight for early flight to Faro.
Stayed in the Riu Palace, Olhos d'aqua, and it was fab. Half board, champers for breakfast (incl.) and soooooo relaxing. The food was great.
Cost was aprox 470euros each, not including ryanair and overnight which came to aprox 150euros. So for about 550euro each we had a fab week. Went to Seville for a day tour, very nice city.
I have stayed in a lot of the 4 & 5 star hotels in Tunisia, and they are lovely, but nothing compared to this one.
After that, wait for last minute deals, and grab one. Am waiting myself for a good deal at the end of the month, they are always available, hopefully the 'recession' has'nt put an end to them. Always before the exams start.

Back