Jools Holland 250th show

Liamos

Did anyone see this on Saturday night? Thought it was quite good but felt there was a lot of great performances left out eg Leonard Cohen, Mumford & Sons.

Missed it too - Bowie did a great set around the mid 90s including Hello Spaceboy (the original mad industrial techno version, not the pet Shop Boys collaboration) - was it in there?

Should've been.

No, no Bowie. I guess he could put together a number of highlights shows and still leave out some legends.

Saw the show, some rubbish (IMHO) some gems, e.g. an extraordinary version, a tour de force performance of Black Horse & The Cherry Tree by KT Tunstall, Baby I'm a Fool by Melody Gardot, "Don't Know Why" by Smokey Robinson with Eric Clapton & Jools Holland backing him (Eric & Smokey in great form here).

I agree some gems missed, but overall given that it was celebrity viewers / audience members who were picking the highlights, they "done good", as my cousin in 'ackney might say :D.

I forgot why I logged in - Later is back tonight 22:00 hrs (no 250 live) with recorded version on Friday 23:50 hrs.

Back