Joint supplements for dogs

Concert

Has anyone given their dog Joint Supplements and can they recommend any particular brand, I have a dog with hip dysplacia, have him on Cosequin DS at the moment.

I have a 10 year old labrador with bad joint/hip problems and tried her on lots of supplements including cod liver oil and Arthri-Aid which didn't agree with her.

I now give her Stride powder daily in her food, which seems to work well. It's probabley quite similar to what your already using but you can check out the ingredients on link below:
[broken link removed]

I buy it in my local pet store, fairly pricey but dosage can be reduced after 1st months use to just a maintenance dose.

Good luck!

I highly recommend joint care from pedigree - they are dog treats with good stuff inside i.e. chondroitin, glucosamine, omega 3, green lipped mussel ...

We saw a huge difference in our 10 year old Lab after a few weeks of feeding one a day.

Available in supermarkets, not as expensive as vet supplemens, no pain for the owner in feeding and they actually taste good for the dog.

Winner hands down!!!

We give our 14 year old springer and 10 year old samoyed the joint care and a teaspoon of cod liver oil recommended by the vet and the difference is great!

A friend has a labrador who was suffering badly from arthritic pains. A dog breeder recommended Devil's Claw and his dog has shown vast improvement since using it. It can be bought in Boots or some chemists.

Back