Joint Account - Unable to Request Statements

propertyGone

Hi,

Have a joint acct with PTSB, never really used it execpt to throw the mortgage into. Partner has left, I have access to the account, but have a "hold" on getting previous statements. I call the phone banking and they told me to contact branch?? Surely they can't stop me getting statements???

BUMP...

Am I going to have to go to branch in personal or should I let solicitor deal with it???

Another idea might be to request information under the Data Protection Act?
Ideas??

phone banking as in an automated system? your probably better of contacting ur own branch by phone and requesting it frm the source.
They cant stop u getting statments on your account as its your right, frm experience phone banking when u have mulitple customers named gets a bit confused. best u call bank direct and ask them.
If you have no joy with that then request your info under the data protection act but it can take up to a month to process as banks are allowed 40 days to respond to this request as far as im aware.

I wonder what she's playing at??? It's abit much to start all this messing around. Mortgage was changed to manual payments last year without my consent and I can't access the last 3 yrs statements. Also on the land reg there is a burdern stamping the value more than the mortage. Mortgage is OK though. Also my TRS (again w/o my consent is going to that account!). I'll deal with solicitor and see what he says....

It's better if she thinks I'm not on to it....

On to what?? And why did you have so little care / knowledge of that mortgage when you were together so that these findings wouldn't be a surprise? Your TRS is your own responsibility to claim and you should know where it went. If you didn't bother to know then how is that her fault? Or did she pay all the mortgage and if so why would you expect to keep your TRS separate?
All your posts read almost like a conspiracy theory to be honest, you sound angry and trying to find things she did wrong and mention things like getting Guards involved for fraud. It's sad you broke up, can't you just not assume she's some scam artist (isn't she the mother of your child?) and move forward with a bit of dignity and for your own sake ditch the conspiracy, engage a solicitor and let them resolve the issue.

Steady on Fizzy,

Love, trust, honesty, stupidity, betrayal, it happens..... I'm not laying the blame anywhere just asking for advice. That's what the forums are for right? Maybe find someplace else to moan.....

Thanks for your contribution though....

Last edited: