joint account question

gribr

My fiancée and myself are going to set up a joint account. At the moment we mainly want to use it for the wedding fund and are going to lodge a few thousand each into it. We will also be adding a few hundred each to it each month but will also need instant access to it to pay for wedding expenses as they arise.
Whats the best type of account to open and who with?
Cheers!

My husband and I have a joint account in TSB, we also both have current accounts there in a different branch. We opened a joint account in tsb as a current account. I would suggest that this is probably the best option, you could explain to any bank that you need joint account at this stage for joint expenses for wedding and will after the wedding be looking at tfr all use to one accout.

You dont need to say how soon after the wedding. could be years down road.

It would be difficult to get joint current without this, which you need to get cheque book etc

good luck

My fiancée and myself are going to set up a joint account. At the moment we mainly want to use it for the wedding fund and are going to lodge a few thousand each into it. We will also be adding a few hundred each to it each month but will also need instant access to it to pay for wedding expenses as they arise.
Whats the best type of account to open and who with?
Cheers!

If you are going to be lodging a few grand each, why not open a Joint Rabo Account? Certainly will pay better interest and give you instant access.

I'm assuming you both have existing current accounts.

Check it out [broken link removed]

If ye can guarantee that ye'll put in €1500 a month between ye then PTSB at 10% until December 2007 should be considered as well.
If ye can afford to put in just €300 some months then put in €1500 and withdraw €1200 to keep the 10% rate continuing.

Without wishing to sound morbid, I presume that you have satisfied yourselves in regard to the awkward questions -

What if you split? What if one dies? etc

Back