Joint Account for paying bills ... Whats best?

S

Snaffles

Hi there,

I need to setup a joint account for paying bills on a monthly basis with my partnet and i'm just wondering what is the best bank account to go with to get the best return for this.

I am just wondering about bank charges, interest, bass amount of money that needs to be in the account, how often we have to have money going in, etc.

I just want to compare and see what suits us best. Any one have any ideas?

So far i have emailed the following banks looking to see what is on offer and only one has replied but trying to get the info i want is like pulling teeth

Bank of Ireland
Allied Irish Bank
Ulster Bank
Permenant TSB
National Irish
EBS - Sent me an application form but are reluctant to give any details about their 'MoneyManager' account

Edit: There are details of this EBS 'MoneyManager' Account Terms and Conditions online -> hppt;\\ ebs.ie/site/all/MoneyManager%20Account%20Terms%20and%20Conditions?opendocument

Snaffles, we are also looking a opening a joint account as it would be easier to pay certain bills (wedding in a year) and I think we are going to go with Ulster Bank.

I don't think teh differences between the banks are huge, none of them will offer you the return you think you are going to get on a current joint account...as long as you have free banking, it should be ok.

Also, I think ringing the bank directly or popping into a branch might be more efficient than emailing them.

Hi Mongola, that seems to be the case alright. Very poor return from all of them via email. And their websites dont really clearly layout all aspects of what they offer so we're forced to ring them. We'll have a look at Ulster Bank so as well.

The 'its yourmoney.ie' website shows a comparison of the fees and charges of the various banks.

Back