Joining the Public Service-12 month panel

MunstermanCork

Hi,
Just looking for some advice. Been 2nd on the panel for a Public Service body since late Q3 last year and have yet to hear anything back.The panel lasts for 12 months. Am I in with a good chance of getting called? (This was my first time applying for a public service role so not sure of procedures/how long the process takes).
Thanks for any advice!

New Year's Day in the Public service = 1st September.
There is another "New Year's Day" but lesser than 1st Sep = Good Friday.

I reckon if you haven't heard anything by now you will shortly. Best of Luck.

It's very dependent on grade and location. for regional panels there are very limited roles at a more senior level and so very limited movement.

Thanks both for the replies. The role in question is an IT job,back office- It's not a management position,its grade V. The panel ends in Jul. I contacted their HR a few weeks ago but they informed me that they don't know at present if a role will become available. I had hoped with a position of 2nd, i would be a near shoe in.
Should also add, the location is Cork

Last edited:
Is it HSE? Panels are usually extended by one year, sometimes 2.
Not HSE :) Its for one of the councils (Cork City/County Council).
To date the information I've received from their HR is there maybe an update in the next month but they don't know if my number on the panel (2) will be called. I was also informed the panel maybe extended- don't know if this happens alot.

Hi does anyone know the general process for applying? Saw an ad online for a potential role within a CoCo (a panel will be arranged and then if a post arises people chosen from the panel etc etc.), I filled out the application and included relevant copies of ID and education documents, received word of receipt of the application shortly after. I'm just wondering what timeframe i'm looking at to hear back from them? (if I hear back at all!) Anyone who has been through this, i'd love to hear about it!

Back