Johnstown, Kildare

kildon

Hi,

Am thinking of relocating to Johnstown in Kildare? I'm not from there area so any advice on what schools my kids would go to, one in national and the other in seecondary school and any other advice would be appreciated.

Also, where would I find the price of houses in Johnstown in the boom period, want to make sure I don't overpay

Thanks
K

Johnstown is a nice little village and close to Naas. Not sure if there are schools in J'stown but its only a stones throw from the new state of the art primary school in Kill (Scoil Bhride)

There is also another new primary school in Naas on the Sallins Rd next to the GAA also called Scoil Bhride which my kids go to.

I think the nearest secondary school would probably be in Naas. Choice of a few but there is a new one out by Killashee House called Pipers Hill College only opened 2-3yr ago.

Houses in J'stown tended to be bigger and mostly detached compared to what you find in Naas. Some houses there cost in the region of 5-600k and others up next to the Playbarn I believe were about 800k.

Compare prices with similar houses in Naas and you wont go far wrong

You might want to re-consider given the problems with the nearby dump in Kerdiffstown.

It's still an issue for Johnstown.