Johnny Logan advertises McDonalds

M

madisona

just saw Johnny Logan doing an ad for Mcdonalds to the tune of "Hold me now" which is a decent song. He says something like "Hold me now. What do you say when ....twisty fries anyone?" Has the man no integrity?

I went to Holland to see Ireland play soccer a few years back....We were on the train from the Airport and the driver announced "For the men from the land of Johnny Logan, the next stop is central station".......Yesh, I would shay that twisty fries now go well in duh Dutch brain....

He is getting paid for the advertisment, probably a lot more than he ever earned from singing. Though apparently he is 'big in Japan'

is it self-parody or just scraping the bottom of the barrell.

The Irish Hoff (David Hasslehoff) was how they desribed him on Newstalk - thats being charitable, the Hoff is cool in a naff way, Johnny is just sad, but best of luck to him and I hope he eventually becomes cool or at least earns himself loadza dosh for putting what tiny cred he had in the bin.

When did he have cred?

I would rather be a rich saddo than a poor 'cool' person any day.

I won't hear a bad word said against [broken link removed] latest in a long line of celebrity fans (e.g. Pat Ingoldsby, Martin King, Don Baker, The Monk er...)! I mean how cool is that!

Compared to what Leo Sayer is doing at present (Celebrity BB on Ch4) he can hold his head up high. Some Mcdonald's ad's on the radio are actually funny.

I won't hear a bad word said against [broken link removed] latest in a long line of celebrity fans (e.g. Pat Ingoldsby, Martin King, Don Baker, The Monk er...)! I mean how cool is that!

probably accounts for the fab season you just had

Anyone who has travelled EUrope, esp the east and south, will know that Johnny Low-gan (pronounced thus) is an icon. When he played Zadar in 1990 they were then the hottest tickets and most expensive ever in ex-Yugo.

Before we know it McD's will have in store radio blaring out "Hold me now" as a backing track to Daft Dave shouting out "A Big Mac meal, Fizzy Cola and Twisty Fries on roller skates nine ninety nine"