Joe Duffy show: "XL.com Air". Did those people get off to Salou?

ajapale

XL.com Air. Did those people get off to Salou?

I heard the XL.com airline rep state that the delay was due to a lightening strike and subsequent "ripple effect" caused by adverse weather at Knock.

Does anyone know what adverse weather was experienced in Knock this AM and what "ripple effects" kicked in? Did the adverse weather in Knock effect any other airlines?

From Met Eireann Weather Station Data for Knock - From 23/11/2007 to 22/05/2008 shows nothing out of the ordinary

When and where was the lightening strike I wonder? Did anybody ring up the show to share their experiences of being on the plane when the lightening struck? I noticed the spokesperson for XL was "cut off" when someone on the other side in Salou were recounting their experiences and referring to their delays as a "technical fault". Of course the airline doesn't have to pay compensation when weather conditions are the cause of the delay.

..... I noticed the spokesperson for XL was "cut off" when someone on the other side in Salou were recounting their experiences .....
Lightening strike perhaps!

Did anyone notice how the spokesperson's mask slipped momentarily when the question of compensation was raised? Up to that point she was all sweetness and light but her tone changed when she icily and stridently stated that there would be absolutely no compensation in this case.

Im still very interested in what the so called "ripple effects" were and whether any other airlines were affected?

But does anyone know if those people got off on their holiday today??????