Jobseeker benefit and documents required for job applications

oldz94

Hi, I have a question, this is my first time trying to get JobSeeker benefit and I don't know how to fill out the up19 part2 form. There is a table with questions about where I was looking for work. How can I prove that I was somewhere and looking for work. What documents should I have to prove it?

Surely you just fill in the table as per the form?
Where is it asking for additional documentation?

Okay, I thought I had to attach some documents with a signature, e.g. the store manager, etc., that I was asking about the job. I don't know how they verify it

I suppose you could just say you haven't yet applied for employment and see if they accept that. You could apply for a few jobs and say you have no response yet.
Or you could apply for a few jobs online and print off the application or any acknowledgement received.

do you think I can take this paper and go back to the places where I asked for a job so they would sign this paper for me? I didn't apply for a job online, I went to a few places to ask only

The department requires you to look every day for a job. You are free to decide how you do that as there are many ways to do so...internet search, checking job offers in the papers, notice boards in libraries, supermarkets or other places, job corners in private radio stations, going around and asking for jobs in shops, businesses, etc. Visiting job centres, Intreo or whatever it is called today.
The department requires YOU to collect proof of that..." the onus in you...". You can do so by keeping a daily diary in which you take note of your activities. You can keep copies of your emails sent- even if you got no answer. When applying for a job in person ask for a written confirmation that you attended the place in person. Always try to get the manager or HR officer. If you get no paperwork confirming your visit, take note of the name of the person you have spoken to, together with time and date and put it into your list of job search efforts done. Take note of ALL phone numbers you rang. Keep a copy of EVERY job application you have sent out.
I used to keep a PDF file/spreadsheet with a list of all my actions which I printed out whenever the DoSP sent me a letter asking for proof. It is a lot of red tape- but if you don't do it, they stop your JB/JA with the reason that you are not looking "consistently" for work.
Some DoSP officers are a real pain in the neck and can make your life very hard. Others don't give a damn and accept whatever you do. It also depends very much on the dole office you are dealing with. Some a very laid back- while others follow you around all the time.