Job ofer from MR. ROBERT. Anybody?

S

Simeon

Has anyone else received an unsolicited job offer from this fellow in a badly worded letter. An eMail interview ensues (before being offered the lucrative job, I imagine). More than likely a forward fee would be the next move. The sender's address ......... mgt.desk@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
How do they work? is it along the lines of:

"Good boy Rex, now go and get me a bank draft - fetch!"

Our customer in Ireland (or Nigeria if they are lazy) will send you a bank draft (stolen / forged) for €5000. You send on €4000 by western union to the scammer and keep the €1000. The draft bounces of course.

I've had loads of Mr. Robert, but not job offers, just offers of large sums of money due to a death in the family/need your account details/you will then be a millionaire.

I got one of these last week.

Hi,
I'm in a hurry writing this mail. I had a trip to the united states. Unfortunately all my money has been stolen at the hotel where I stayed, by some hoodlums and since then I have been without money. Presently I am owing the hotel. I have only access to my email through the hotel managers laptop.My mobile phone can't work here so I didn't bother bringing it along.
Please can you lend me US$1,650?? I want to use it to pay my hotel bills and possibly return back home. I will give it back to you as soon as i get home. You can have the money sent to me through western union.
I have spoken with the hotel manager, and he has agreed to give me his details so i could be able to get the fund.If you are willing to help,let me hear from you,so i can collect the details and send them to you immediately.
Thank you for your understanding.

PS.. I can barely even feed now let alone make calls,this is why i have not called you.

Pls help me

Hmmm....I was almost tempted to engage in some fun but didn't have time. I won't post the email addy as it is too similar to my own and identifies me.

Last edited:
if he used robert instead of bobby maybe it is a more formal offer?

Maybe Robert is the name he is called by his aristocat/presidential father before he passed away suddenly?

Maybe he is just called Bobby by his friend.

Jeez Scot, would ya not help a man in desperate need. He can't feed himself for Gods sake!!

Ah sure, but I considered it..then I figured, he never writes, never calls...cept when he wants something.

Doncha hate when they do that?

I wonder if he's still holed up in the hotel or does he have to sleep under the managers desk, clutching said laptop awaiting your reply while his belly craves a little bit of foodstuffs?

I wonder if he's still holed up in the hotel or does he have to sleep under the managers desk, clutching said laptop awaiting your reply while his belly craves a little bit of foodstuffs?

Now I feel obliged to send him a food parcel!

Maybe we should all put together and send this man a few grand to feed himself and pay his hostage-keeping manager to cut him loose.

I mean, he signs off with 'pls help me'

HOW CAN YOU NOT HELP THIS POOR SOUL!!!!!!!!!!!