Job Interview - Request Tour in Advance?

fogfurn

im not sure if ive posted in correct place so apologies if i have.
i have an interview next week in a teaching position and my question is if i rang the possible future employer to ask if its appropriate to come in and have a look at the place before interview.
would that be a bad idea or good idea

Certainly no harm asking, they may however request that you hold off until the interview date for such a tour. Different industry, but that would be the norm in my experience as a pre-interview tour still requires someone taking the time to guide you the tour. When I interview, I'll often include elements of a tour after interviewing someone we're interested in. Interviews are a two way process after all.

I'm curious as to why you'd want to assess the school in advance of sitting down to speak with a future Employer on their terms.

If its not up to scratch in terms of infrastructure, equipment and countless other unknown criteria you may have in mind then will you politely decline the interview and skip home?

If you have me wondering when I've no professional or passing interest in the school or its administration then what might an interview panel think?

Also your determined lack of capitalisation and punctuation is very uncommon on most online platforms I'd frequent - I'm not being pedantic and I'm aware you may have typed it up quickly on your phone.... But..... Are you not a teacher ?!?

Apologies, yes, on my phone.
I am a construction trainer.
I was just interested and excited, however i did not proceed.
I am, however looking forward to the interview.

It is nice sometimes just to be a little laid back and not watch everything i type or say.

Back