Jeeps

M

m.casey

Hi, hows it going, I'm looking to buy a jeep and I have a couple of choices- 3.2 litre 2002 pajero imported from UK and converted from passenger to commercial or a 3 litre 2005 commercial landcruiser. I was wondering which would be the best Diesel wise and if there were any faults with either.

a key post?

Personally I'd prefer the pajero.

why not do a google search and do a comparative search?

Sorry about the key post thing, this is the first time I used this site.

Cadillac escalade looks nice - might be a bit tight to park though.

Would go for the land crusier. More refined that the Pajero. Dont know on economy on these. Won't get much better than 30mpg. I am getting this from a Landrover Discovery automatic and this is pretty good

3.2 Pajero for me. Have heard from a mechanic buddy that the gear boxes in the Crusier is "soft".
Both will soak the juice if driven hard. Currently getting 35mpg or so from the 3.2.

With the number of builders slowing down last year, you're guaranted to get a bargain locally rather than go to the UK.

2007 Grand Cherokee will be less that 25k incl vat. Go to the auctions and you could pick up somethning for sub 20k.

3.2 Pajero for me. Have heard from a mechanic buddy that the gear boxes in the Crusier is "soft".
Both will soak the juice if driven hard. Currently getting 35mpg or so from the 3.2.

Not a hope of getting 35mpg in the new Pajero. More like 31mpg.

i am slightly confused here, are you looking for a jeep i.e. back seats and windows or a Van (no back seats and no windows).

the commercial versions of "jeeps" are vans and qualify for commercial tax etc and are doe'ed rather than NCT'ed. there is also the vat element regarding company purchase etc.

Ya It's a commercial I'm looking for. It suits me better and is easier to tax and insure.