Java updates with every log in

Complainer

I'm running Vista on my home laptop. Every time I login, I get asked to approve a Java auto updater (jucheck.exe). It looks genuine, but it doesn't seem to succeed. I don't get any error message, but I get prompted for the same update next time. This has been going on for over a week now.

When I check the Java updates in my control panel/programs, I see about 7 Java (TM) 6 updates, each of over 100MB in size.

I'm wondering if I should remove ALL the java updates via my control panel and just let it all install cleanly from scratch next time? Or is there a better way to get rid of the repeated update requests.

make sure your firewall isnt blocking the download.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think so. I'm just using the Windows Vista firewall, and it is set to alert me if anything gets blocked. I didn't get any alerts, so I don't think this is the problem.

I tried the 'remove all Java' via the control panel (after creating a restore point), and then installing from Java.com, and it seems to be fine now. I have a much better Java experience using NIB Internet banking (no popup warnings). And I got rid of about a 1 GB of Java updates too!

Back