Java programs unresponsive

car

Any java app on a client I have is not responding to mouse clicks.
Apps comes up ok, button highlights when I hover over it but not recognising the click, have to use taskman to get rid of the app.
Went to control panel, opened the java icon, cant deintall as I get the same problem there. Took down the latest offline JRE from java, installed that, think it went on ok but I cant check as I cant get on to the version tab on the java control panel.. grrr.. Rebooted. No good. Any ideas? google has me friendless on this one.

Do you mean (standalone) Java applications or Java applets in a web brower?

What browser? Does the same happen in other browsers?

If you're using XP then perhaps System Restore to roll back to before Java was installed might help?

Its standalone java apps, havent tried any browser apps. Its a home laptop, really cant remember changing anything recently.

to recreate....
go to start> control panel> java
when the panel comes up, its unresponsive to clicks (X to close or alt+F4 to close doesnt work either), have to use taskman or procexp to get rid of it.

Anything useful [broken link removed] about manually uninstalling the JRE before trying to reinstall it?

will try that alternative de-install later. smacks of a corrupt install alright, thanks

that did it. Used "add or remove programs" in control panel to remove the JRE, then reinstalled, back working. Brownies all round. :)

Back