January sunshine (with kids)

Hillsalt

I hope to take a sun holiday in January with my partner and our 2 kids (aged 1 and 4). We will only travel on a single flight because stopovers are unfair on young kids (and adults!)

From talking to friends, it seems that we are pretty much limited to Lanzarote. Anybody got any other ideas?

We would prefer to stay in a hotel (4 star, maybe 5 star) with a heated outdoor kiddies pool.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Your friends are probably correct, Lanzarote would be a good choice. Some years ago we spent New Year in Gran Canaria which was quite good also, lovely weather and plenty of tourists there. Your choice in January is limited to the Canaries. Do not consider Morrocco, was there in 2002 and would not return.

Orlando florida direct flights from Dublin Great for kids Disney/Universal/Wet & Wild/Busch/Kennedy and $ is weak at the moment so good value. the shopping is also fantastic at the outlet malls

I agree, Lanzarote in January is very pleasant weatherwise, especially if you can be there for 6th January which is when they celebrate their Christmas with a big parade, with camels, music etc. Lots to see and do for children and adults alike there.

The San Antonio Hotel in Puerto del Carmen is very nice and has a heated swimming pool. Is also very central for restaurants, shops etc.

Aer Lingus fly direct to Lanz and very good prices for January. You could then book the hotel separately. Short distance from the airport - €15 in taxi.

If you're going to trash Morocco as a destination, you might explain why?
It suits a lot of people every year, and may be just what the Op is looking for!

Lanzarote always a good destination. Weather in Jan would be mild ( esp with small kids). Check out hotel reports on tripadvisor or holidaywatchdog to get a feel for the hotels on offer. Food would be good and places generally very accommodating for the kiddies.